screenings are held periodically at various locations throughout Vermilion County
at various times. Families with children ages three to five years who
live in Vermilion County may sign up for the next available screening
date. Below is a list of dates and locations.
Sept. 1 - First Presbyterian Church, Hoopeston
Sept. 8 - Fair Oaks Community Room, Danville
Sept. 15 - Catlin United Methodist Church, Catlin
Sept. 22 - Rossville-Alvin Elementary School Gym, Rossville
Sept. 29 - Middlefork United Methodist Church, Potomac
Oct. 6 - Westville Public Library, Westville
Oct. 13 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
Nov. 10 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
- Jan. 26 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
- Feb. 2 - Bethel Baptist Church, Georgetown
- Feb. 16 - First Presbyterian Church, Hoopeston
- Feb. 23 - United Methodist Church, Sidell
- Mar. 2 - Rossville Church of Christ, Rossville
- Mar. 9 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
- Mar. 30 - Westville Public Library, Westville
- Apr. 6 - Potomac United Methodist Church, Potomac
- Apr. 13 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
- Apr. 20 - First Baptist Church Annex, Oakwood
- Apr. 27 - Ridgeview Baptist Church, Danville
- For questions regarding dates and locations or
to sign up, please call the Preschool office at 444-3266.
The child’s portion of
the screening process includes the following:
Concepts: Does the child know and understand a
variety of basic skills that other children his/her age would know (i.e.
pointing to body parts, colors, counting).
Language: Does the
child communicate using and understanding words that other children
his/her age would know and understand (i.e. first and last name, age,
letter names and sounds)?
Motor: Does the child
use large and small muscle groups to accomplish tasks that same age
peers can (i.e. throwing a bean bag at a target, standing on one foot,
building with blocks, cutting)?
While the child is
“playing games” with the screening team, the adult will be asked to
complete a parent interview that will help to obtain social-emotional,
behavioral, environmental, medical, and stress indicators which will
provide programming designed to best meet the needs of each student.
The screening process and review of data can take 1 ½ hours.